Review: Onyx ( Lux 2) by Jennifer L Armentrout

Onyx (Lux, #2)
Release Date: August 14 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Format: Paperback
Pages:448
Genre: YA/Fiction/Sci-Fi
Series: Lux (#2)
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Synopsis:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


My Thoughts:
LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!! Is it even possible for Jennifer to write a bad book? Because I honestly don't think so. I am a huge fan and Jennifer delivers a heart pounding, action packed, swoon worthy read that will leave you breathless.

I am not the biggest fan of aliens but there are a few authors who can make it work for me and Jennifer is one of them. Onyx was more emotional for me than Obsidian was. Katy goes through more of an emotional rollercoaster in Onyx. I did curse Jennifer at one point in the book only because Katy needs as many allies as possible and I felt even worse for Dee. 

I am a big fan of the push and pull attraction with romances' and there is a ton of that between Daemon and Katy. Oh Daemon where the heck do I start? He has easily placed himself in the top 5 of my book boyfriends. I love the bad boys but who deep down inside are emotionally twisted and have a heart of gold and he has all of that.

The plot builds up and explodes in book 2. There were times when I wanted to smack Katy and I was thinking "why the hell can't you just listen to Daemon" But where would the fun be if she did?

Onyx leaves an incredible opening for Opal and I am so freaking excited to see where Jennifer takes the story. I really love Jennifer's character development. She takes risks with them but they always learn and grow as the story goes on. I love that they are unexpected.

Jennifer has never disappointed me with any of her stories and Onyx is no exception! A great story, a wonderful romance and tons of action and drama to leave you begging for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment