Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #2)
Release Date: October 23 2012
Publisher: Simon and Schuster for Young Readers
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 544
Genre: YA/Fiction/Supernatural
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Synopsis:
Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?


My Thoughts:

Ah the highly anticipated sequel to the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer did not let me down one bit. I had been itching literally itching to get my hands on a copy and I am soo glad I purchased it. 

Mara's life is turned upside down yet again. Her family does not believe that her dead boyfriend is in fact alive. After throwing Mara into a psych ward, she does everything that she can to make them believe that she isn't crazy.

Noah and Mara continue the search for answers about their ablilities while Jude is still an ever looming presence in Mara's life, taunting her and toying with her in his sadistic game of cat and mouse and no matter how hard Mara tries to fight back he always seems to have the upper hand.

There are more twists and turns in this book then there are in a corn maze. It is totally captivating and riviting.

I was genuinely creeped out at the end of the book. As I was reading there were butterflies in my stomach, that is how entranced I was in the story. Michelle's writing just gets better and better.

The cliffhanger at the end of this book totally pulls a WTF moment. So what I am trying to say is this book was amazing and awesome and is one not to be missed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment