ARC Review: Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler

Who I Kissed
Release Date: October 2 2012
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Format: ARC Paperback
Pages: 312
Genre: YA Contemporary
Source: Publisher
Goodreads Synopsis:
he Never Thought A Kiss Could Kill. . .

Samantha is new at school and just recently joined the swim team. She’s been flirting with one of her teammates, Zee, who invites her to a party and just as quickly dumps her for another girl. Hurt, but pretending not to care, she turns to his best friend, Alex, and gives him a kiss. And he dies—right in her arms. Alex was allergic to peanuts, and Samantha had eaten a peanut butter sandwich right before the party. She didn’t know. Overnight, Samantha turns into the school pariah and a media sensation explodes. Consumed with guilt, abandoned by her friends, and in jeopardy of losing her swimming scholarship, she will have to find the inner-strength to forgive herself for the tragedy


My Thoughts:

I thoroughly enjoyed Who I Kissed. The storyline of Who I Kissed is definitely unique. 

This is an emotional story to say the least. As Sam tries to cope with death of Alex, she finds herself in more ways than one.

To be honest I wasn`t overly interested in this book when I received it for review but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I really loved it.

The character`s are so well developed and it is very easy to get invested whole heartedly into this story.

This is definitely a book about self discovery but with a little romance as well. But who doesn`t like a little romance?

This was a book that surprised me in more ways than one. I would definitely recommend this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment