ARC Review: Deity by Jennifer L Armentrout


Deity (Covenant, #3)
Release Date: November 6 2012
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Format: ARC Paperback
Pages: 360
Genre: YA/Fiction
Source: Publisher

Goodreads Synopsis:
"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "

Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate..


My Thoughts:


Amazing!

To say that I am a huge fan of the Covenant series would be an understatement. Jennifer continues to blow me away with this story. With most author's who write a series I find that as the story goes on it becomes harder and harder to keep it interesting and suspenseful but Jennifer has absolutely no difficulty with this at all.

Alex and Aiden's push and pull relationship is something that I just adore. I am a sucker for love that cannot be.


From the first page to the very last Jennifer keeps me entranced and literally obsessed with each word.


The cliffhanger at the end of Deity is just mind blowing. I went to turn the page to continue reading but there was nothing left. I seriously had a "WHAT That's It, That's how she left it!!" moment. To say that I am not absolutely dying to continue reading again would be an understatement.


I love this series and I everything about it. I am eagerly awaiting Apollyon
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment