Review: Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent

Blood Bound (Unbound #1)
Release Date: August 23 2011
Publisher: Mira
Pages:463
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Unbound (#1)
Source: Purchased


Goodreads Synopsis:
Most can't touch the power. But Liv Warren is special— a paranormal tracker who follows the scent of blood. 

Liv makes her own rules, and the most important one is trust no one. 

But when her friend's daughter goes missing, Liv has no choice but to find the girl. Thanks to a childhood oath, Liv can't rest until the child is home safe. But that means trusting Cam Caballero, the former lover forbidden to her. 

Bound by oath and lost in desire for a man she cannot have, Liv is racing to save the child from a dark criminal underworld where secrets, lies, trauma and danger lurk around every corner…every touch…every kiss. 

And more blood will be spilled before it's over…


My Thoughts:
I was floored with Blood Bound.It was such a great book. I was thrilled to have been able to read it. I flew through this book. I could not put it down once I picked it up.

This is the first book of Rachel's that I have read and it went way beyond my expectations. She weaved a world that is so original and unlike anything I have read in a while and I was thoroughly surprised and pleased when the book was over.

Her character's are beyond fascinating. I could not get enough of Cam and Olivia. I even had to respect her villains. They definitely added a lot of spice to the book. I hated and loved Ruben all at the same time. 

There was so much action and suspense in Blood Bound. There was never a dull moment from the first page to the very last. 

The cliffhanger that Rachel leaves at the end had me crying out in frustration because she left it so open and I do not want to wait to read what happens next, but I am very excited to read Shadow Bound book 2. 

I praise Rachel for bringing me an exciting story and I am thrilled for her to have a place on my shelf. She is a master of her craft and I cannot wait to read more from her.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment